FieldCrumpets Talk Forum Index FieldCrumpets Talk
Everything there is to talk about Field Crumpets (And then some)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Let the crumpeting begin!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FieldCrumpets.com -> FieldCrumpets Talk Forum Index -> Crumpets Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sparhawk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Let the crumpeting begin! Reply with quote

Hello! It has been quite some time since I have posted here, but I think it may be time for the MO crew to meet up with Kansas crew again.

I wanted to let you all know that we changed several rules since we last played, and I'm sure things are going to be really interesting to see how different our rules are compared to yours.

We allow underhand bat throwing, but once the bat hits the ground no kicking or throwing the bat.

When the ball goes out of bounds on a goal line side, the ball must be brought in halfway or further away from the goal (this prevents clustering around a goal).

We also play with very small teams, 3v3 or 4v4 most of the time. Sometimes even 2v2 O_o

Anyway, lets get something planned!

I've never been frying over Africa before.

You! You get hot bullets of shotgun to die!

VICTOLY!
Sumobob2

Crumpet Stick: Chuck
First Played: 1996

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To start...yes. We definitely need to play ASAP. I wholeheartedly second the motion. Mel and I just bought a house, and can put some people up at our place (disclaimer: I haven't run that by Mel yet).

I'm intrigued by your new rules. 3v3 and 4v4 has always been fairly normal in KS, with an occasional field-expansion to handle larger games. I really like your idea for the end-line rule. We've always moved the ball 1 crumpet-stick length from the goal, but it's still pretty close. It might be interesting to experiment with bringing all end-line out of bounds into play from halfway between the corner and the goal. We've often tried to find a better rule for getting the ball in bounds after it goes out near the corner (that's really hard to do).

I am giddy with excitement!
Sparhawk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I know this is really short notice but I think several of us will be in the area on this coming Saturday. Maybe we can crumpet it up then? More details to come!

I've never been frying over Africa before.

You! You get hot bullets of shotgun to die!

VICTOLY!
Sumobob2

Crumpet Stick: Chuck
First Played: 1996

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try to spread the word. The jerks in our league don't read the message board any more.
megamanemery

Crumpet Stick: black suit
First Played: 5/23/06

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crump crump crump it up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FieldCrumpets Talk Forum Index -> Crumpets Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: