FieldCrumpets Talk Forum Index FieldCrumpets Talk
Everything there is to talk about Field Crumpets (And then some)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FieldCrumpets.Com Forum & Question about Pic of the Week

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FieldCrumpets.com -> FieldCrumpets Talk Forum Index -> FieldCrumpets.com / Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What to do with previos Pictures of the Week
Keep the current winners
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
Do a 'recount' and allow everyone to decide. (If you vote for this I expect you to participate in the recount too...)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

SombraAla
Site Admin

Crumpet Stick: Muramasa
First Played: 1998

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: FieldCrumpets.Com Forum & Question about Pic of the Week Reply with quote

First off, because I seem to be making a lot of website related discussions which are technically not 'crumpets' related but also don't necessarily belong in the non-crumpets forum, I modified the Media forum to also include topics about FieldCrumpets.Com.

Additionally, I had a question about what you all wanted to do about Picture of the Week, in particular the old ones that we've already done. I'm working on a system to be able to vote on your favorite caption so that what is decided to be the 'winner' is also decided by the FieldCrumpets.Com community. I don't feel that Robbie was doing a bad job, and I'm not bitter about any of my captions not being picked, but I think this will be more fun for everyone. I think that Robbie might have done it this way as well if he had the means to do so, but it would've been difficult using only the message boad.

My question is this: I have all of the old captions entered into the system and they are all ready to be 'voted' on, and they all have no votes. I could either

A) Make a vote for the one that Robbie had chosen which would have the winning captions remain the same

B) Open up the voting for all of the pictures, allowing the community to pick their favorite caption, possibly not the same one that Robbie had decided on.

Please tell me what you think... I'd appreciate it, and it'd make it easier to get this Picture of the Week stuff finished the faster I know what people want.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nedislacbi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably no need to strip the old winners of their titles. Actually I think it's fine for one person to choose winning captions, maybe their should be judges each week, maybe the players featured in the picture get to choose?
SombraAla
Site Admin

Crumpet Stick: Muramasa
First Played: 1998

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm just trying to get (or at least give the chance to be) more involved with everything, and give people more things to do if they want to. One of the things I liked about Picture of the Week is that it kept people involved with something week to week, otherwise people just stop comming back as often.

I do agree that we don't need to remove the previous winners from their throne. I did want to give people the chance to vote on all of them if they wanted to as well though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sumobob2

Crumpet Stick: Chuck
First Played: 1996

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My original thought was to have people vote on them. It would be fun, but I do think there's such a thing as having so much to do that it's overwhelming (then people don't do anything). Or perhaps it's a matter of having so many things added all at once this year (respondable game reviews, voting on team names, etc along with the new, unfamiliar look on the page). I'd say that it would be nice to have people be able to vote, but it might be a slow start-up as people get used to having so many ways to interact with the site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FieldCrumpets Talk Forum Index -> FieldCrumpets.com / Media All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: